Sunday 4 November 2012

Shutterbug Vintage Clothing Kilo Sale



Finally I'm blogging about the Shutterbug vintage clothing kilo sale which took place in the ballroom in Langtons Hotel in Kilkenny. It was amazing & I am so happy I decided to go. I found out about the event through there Facebook page. On their page you can view their beautiful vintage clothing that they have in store. Basically what happened at this kilo vintage sale was for every kilo of vintage clothing it only cost €20......such a bargain as vintage clothing can be quite expensive in Ireland. They had a Folkster vintage pop up shop on the day as well.

 I wasn't looking for anything in particular so I ended up getting a few kilos of clothing(I wont say exactly how many kilos). My friend Celine kindly agreed to come along with me & I’m sure she is not regretting it now.

We set off on our little journey to Kilkenny early on Saturday morning. We wanted to get there early so we could Que up and get first pick of the clothes. We joined the Que at 10.30 and waited anxiously for 11.00 to come. At 11 on the dot, they opened the doors, the second I walked into the room and saw all the sequins, the adrenalin kicked in. After frantically running around in circles for a good 5 mins, I had to take myself aside and devise a plan. Wasn't a great plan, I told myself “ just grab everything”. Overall It was such a cool experience and I got heaps of vintage clothes and accessories. When people ask me what was it like, I keep referring to the episode of Friends where Monica went wedding dress shopping, for those of you who don't remember that episode, I posted the clip below.

Anyway it was A-maz-ing & the good news is they are having another sale in December, in Dublin. Not sure of the date yet but if ye like there Facebook page, they will post it there. These are some pics of the day and a few of the things I bought, I'll try do a few outfit posts using the rest of the clothes.


This is a pic I found online, before the chaos






My cringy X-mas waistcaot.








It was the perfect day to be in Kilkenny as the Savour Kilkenny food festival was also taking place. We got to do two of my favourite things, shop & eat. These are just a few snaps of the food festival.





Celine wearing a cozy vintage jumper she got in the kilo sale




Hope ye enjoyed reading about it.
Katie x





No comments:

Post a Comment